Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer Time and the Livin Is Easy (hopefully)

First off, I haven't been posting. For that, I'm sorry. I've been alternating between tired, woozy, content, dissatisfied, restless, etc. so much that I haven't had to time to clear the mindspace and commit thoughts to paper (internet).

In the interim though, I bought a bike and started bike commuting to work, got those Apollinaire tattoos that I'd been talking about getting for so long, collected several fabulous Springtime vintage dresses from various thrift shops and church sales, typeset my chapbook which is coming out soon, so soon, on Michael Nicoloff's olywa press (which I will announce here officially once it's been printed), did a reading with Khalil Huffman in Providence, was interviewed on Neighborhood Public Radio as part of Arianna Martinez and Molly Stinchfield's Latina Enough project (I'll post a link to the archived show once it's up), and started working on a tan.

My goals for the summer are try to: convince myself that the world is an ok place by virtue that at least there's seasons, two of which are warm, to go hiking and to the beach, and to try to take current events less personally (I currently take them quite personally).

1 comment:

mildred pierce said...

uhh...cue pic of new tats?!