Thursday, January 10, 2008

The how and the why of starting a blog in this blog-saturated age.

Because my critical glands run the risk of shriveling up and falling out if I don't start writing some form of critical prose again, I have chosen the blog as my not preferred–more like settled-on form–for communicating my thoughts to myself and (perhaps) a small audience.

On one hand, I write poetry, though I don't plan to write a ton about poetry in this space (I don't often call myself a poet because it reminds me of this cheap bordeaux I like called "Mouton Cadet," on the label it says the wine is produced by "poet and wine maker Baron Phillip De Rothschild"). On the other hand, I'm a cinephile so a lot of my posts will revolve around film, though subject matter here won't be limited to that subject.

5 comments:

MN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
alex said...

Is it wrong that I think being a poet and winemaker sounds cool?

Laura J said...

oh no, it's just that if i can't call myself both a poet and winemaker, then i'm not worthy of "poet."

MN said...

Dude, you deleted my fake spam. WTF?

Nicoloff

Laura J said...

dude,
i'm so sorry i only now put two and two together that 'mn' is michael nicoloff. i'll never delete your fake spam again! promise.